Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair Day 1: Bigger and better than before
The opening day of the Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair was a roaring success for INTO the Nordic Silence. With a bigger booth and a bigger representation came intense traffic and interest in the product family.
Weeks of ardent preparation came to a conclusion on Tuesday 3 February, when Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair, the world’s largest meeting place for furniture and lighting design, opened its doors to thousands of designers, journalists, bloggers and professionals on the lookout for the latest innovations and trends in interior design.
The Estonian half of the INTO team had arrived already the day before the grand opening to supervise the building of booth A 38:28, INTO’s showroom for the duration of the fair. As this was the second time INTO would participate in the event, the Estonian team had some idea of what to expect – but some things were decidedly different from last year.
“First of all, this year we are exhibiting a lot more items than last year,” explained Priit. “The total area of our booth is almost three times bigger, which has allowed us to bring along several brand-new items in addition to old favorites. Their clear-cut design really stands out in a space like this.”
“Second, not only is our booth bigger this year, but so is our team. Besides us Estonians, the Finnish designers and sales personnel behind INTO are here to assist and support visitors with their questions and inquiries. We’re able to talk to everyone individually and offer furniture solutions based on what they’re looking for.”
So what are the visitors looking for? “High-quality furniture in strong, fresh colors”, says designer Hanna Gullstén. “Our color schemes especially received a lot of positive feedback. Pastels seem to be all the rage right now, judging by many other exhibitors’ booths at the vanue, but the attractiveness of our product line shows that there is still a demand for strong colors that make a statement and add some life to pale office environments.”
As for individual items, the all-new ROLL IN and the already familiar TUBE proved to be the biggest crowd pleasers. The two work stations are designed to offer a semi-private space for solo work in a busy office environment and come with in-built LED lights and power sockets for recharging your electronic devices. Indeed, visitors were seen testing them at a delightful frequency throughout the day.
Want to try the INTO furniture solutions for yourself? You can catch us at convention center Stockholmsmässan’s booth A 38:28 until Saturday 7 February.
- Stockholm Furniture Fair 2015 28.01.15
- Flexibility and user-friendliness key as INTO the Nordic Silence comes to Stockholm Furniture Fair 02.02.15
- Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair Day 1: Bigger and better than before 03.02.15
- Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair Days 2 and 3: Old favorites and new charmers 05.02.15
- Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair Day 4: A thousand thanks and (almost) farewells 06.02.15
- What's an activity-based office, anyway? 10.02.15
- For the good of workers everywhere: A toast to May Day 30.04.15
- This video is a guided tour into City of Espoo’s new activity-based offices 18.05.15
- Locus magazine features INTO in article about privacy in open offices 02.06.15
- Meet CUBE! 11.05.16